We provide clients with unique insight at the point where law, business and government meet, giving them a voice, supporting their ambitions and achieving successful outcomes.
We have grown to become one of the world’s strongest law firms through a unique mix of organic growth to match our clients’ needs plus astute combinations to bring additional local insight, skills and opportunities.
Today, we have a global team of more than 2,600 including 1,500 partners and lawyers.
Some Key Milestones in Our History
- 2014 – One of the world’s most comprehensive legal platforms is created when Patton Boggs and Squire Sanders combine.
- 2013 – A formal association strengthens a 15-year relationship between Squire Sanders and Salkom LLC, a leading law firm in Ukraine.
- 2012 – Patton Boggs establishes an affiliation with the Khalid Al-Thebity Law Firm in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- 2012 – Squire Sanders opens offices in Singapore, Seoul, South Korea and Darwin and Sydney, Australia.
- 2011 – Squire Sanders further expands its significant presence in the fast-growing Asia Pacific market with the addition of 80 lawyers from the Perth-based partnership of Minter Ellison.
- 2011 – Hammonds and Squire, Sanders & Dempsey combine.
- 2008 – Squire, Sanders & Dempsey extends its Central and Eastern European capabilities with the addition of eight lawyers in Kyiv.
- 2008 – Patton Boggs opens offices in Abu Dhabi & Dubai.
- 2006 – Squire, Sanders & Dempsey establishes a Frankfurt office and doubles the number of lawyers based in the London office.
- 2005 – Squire, Sanders & Dempsey, already having one of the strongest Central and Eastern European legal practices, adds an office in Warsaw.
- 2005 – Squire, Sanders & Dempsey adds offices in Santo Domingo and West Palm Beach through the acquisition of Steel Hector & Davis LLP.
- 2004 – Squire, Sanders & Dempsey opens its Shanghai office, expanding regional coverage in China to three offices.
- 2003 – Patton Boggs opens its Doha office.
- 2003 – Hammonds opens an office in Madrid.
- 2001 – Squire, Sanders & Dempsey establishes offices in Tampa and Northern Virginia.
- 2001 – Hammonds opens offices in Hong Kong, Berlin and Paris.
- 2000 – Squire, Sanders & Dempsey adds California, Tokyo and Beijing offices with the acquisition of Graham & James, effectively making the firm one of the longest tenured US law firms in Japan.
- 2000 – Hammonds acquires its Birmingham UK office.
- 1999 – Squire, Sanders & Dempsey opens its Cincinnati office.
- 1998 – Squire, Sanders & Dempsey's first Asia Pacific office opens in Hong Kong.
- 1997 – Squire, Sanders & Dempsey opens an office in Houston.
- 1995 – Squire, Sanders & Dempsey's office in Moscow is opened to serve the increasing needs of clients in Russia.
- 1993 – Hammonds opens in Manchester.
- 1992 – Squire, Sanders & Dempsey broadens its European presence with the establishment of offices in London and Kyiv.
- 1992 – Patton Boggs opens its Dallas office.
- 1991 – Hammonds opens an office in London.
- 1991 – Squire, Sanders & Dempsey further expands in Europe with offices in Budapest and Bratislava.
- 1990 – Squire, Sanders & Dempsey becomes one of the first US law firms to establish a permanent presence in Eastern Europe, opening an office in Prague.
- 1990 – Hammonds opens its Brussels office.
- 1974-82 – Squire, Sanders & Dempsey continues its US expansion with office openings in Columbus, Miami, Phoenix and New York.
- 1974 – Squire, Sanders & Dempsey opens a Brussels office – a first step towards establishing a European presence.
- 1962 – Patton Boggs is founded in Washington DC, US.
- 1890 – Squire, Sanders & Dempsey is founded in Cleveland, Ohio, US.
- 1886 – Albert Victor Hammond opens his law firm in industrial Bradford, Yorkshire, UK.