Stephanie Faber specialises in international business law. She heads the Paris office’s Commercial, Intellectual Property and Data Protection Groups. With 20 years of experience, Stephanie’s legal practice encompasses advising on, drafting and negotiating contracts in the following areas:
- Commercial contracts, including distribution agreements, services and supply agreements, advertising agreements, logistic agreements, general conditions of sales and sponsoring agreements
- Joint ventures, transfer of businesses, assets or licenses
- French regulations applying to commercial businesses, including e-commerce such as consumer protection, competition, advertising, product liability, abrupt termination of ongoing commercial relationships, distance sales, on or offline gaming and lotteries, and use of French language
- IT, media and telecom contracts and outsourcing
- Data protection, including GDPR, database creation, international transfers (Privacy Shield, BCR and Model clauses), cloud, HR data (including employee monitoring and whistleblowing) and marketing usage, health data and compliance, and filings with the CNIL
- Communication and media regulations
- French anti bribery , UKBA and FCPA
- Conflicts and pre-litigation situations.
Her commercial practice also includes experience in private M&A.
Stephanie is a member of IAPP, French Privacy associations AFCDP and ADPO and ICC’s Commissions on Digital Economy and Corporate Responsibility and Anti-corruption.
Stephanie regularly writes articles in French and in English, on both the firm’s blogs and with specialised press. She has spoken at various conferences in the UK, France, Brussels and the Middle East, and participates in vocational and client training.