We provide the full range of strategic legal services to brand owners in key European markets, the US, China, Russia, Japan and Brazil. Our clients include well-known brands and retailers in all sectors, with particular niches in luxury brands, clothing and apparel and cosmetics.
We pride ourselves in taking the time to really learn about our clients’ businesses and understanding their goals and objectives so that we can be a trusted adviser.
Why choose us?
As a full service, global legal practice, we understand the industry growth drivers facing brand owners including brand protection, regulatory compliance, franchising and route to market. Our full service capability covers the key needs facing the brands industry and includes:
- Commercial law
- Global compliance
- Intellectual property
- Labor and employment
- Litigation and dispute resolution
We provide a full range of strategic legal services to brand owners. This includes:
Exploitation of brands and intellectual property rights, through licensing, franchising, agency and distribution.
- Relationships with advertising agencies, media agencies and other marketing services providers.
- Advertising regulation, including promotions.
- Brand protection, anti-counterfeiting and litigation, including in China.
- Celebrity endorsements and celebrity branded products.
- Retail concessions and joint ventures.
- Specialized regulatory and labelling advice.
- Support on all aspects of the management of staff including pensions related matters.
- Representing a global luxury cosmetics brand in advising on choice of law, termination, succession in interest and settlement in relation to distribution arrangements.
- Obtaining a summary judgment on behalf of a leading Italian fashion house against major discount retail chains for willfully selling counterfeit branded fashion products in their stores throughout the United States.
- Advising brand owners on a range of IP and media issues from commercial sponsorships to appointment of e-commerce partners.
- Managing a European data protection compliance project, in relation to Human Resources data to the US parent company of a leading beauty and fragrance company.
- Advising on international sales promotions, lotteries and sweepstakes, including across social media platforms for brands such as Crocs, Microsoft and Nike.
- Representing an Italian luxury brand in relation to anti-counterfeiting cases.
- Advising Inditex, the world’s largest fashion retailer by revenue as its exclusive legal provider for all its UK employment law advice.
- Advising Mamas & Papas one of the world’s leading, and fastest growing, brands for baby and nursery products, including cots, high chairs, pushchairs and clothing on various legal matters in the UK and in the Middle East
- Advising on REACH consortium agreements and registration issues for a well-known global beauty company.
- Advising Cath Kidston, a leading British retailer with international presence on various legal matters internationally.