As a leader in the private equity sector, we have extensive experience advising private equity and venture capital investors, investee companies and management teams. Our lawyers can assist throughout the complete private equity and venture capital investment cycle.
Our firm has one of the broadest footprints of any legal practice. This presence is key to our success, with long-established offices in each of the major financial and industrial markets, as well as significant expertise within emerging markets. With one of the strongest integrated platforms in CEE and the CIS, resources that span China, the wider Asia Pacific, and the Middle East, we can bring our global perspective and knowledge of the local landscape to every transaction.
The combination of our multi-jurisdictional corporate transactional, finance and investment funds expertise, supported by our colleagues specializing in every relevant practice area, from taxation and benefits, and intellectual property, to regulatory, restructuring and insolvency, competition/antitrust and public policy, to real estate, environmental, pensions and labor and employment, positions Squire Patton Boggs as a leading full service private equity practice.
Our dedicated team can advise you across the complete Private Equity cycle:
- Fundraising: formation of investment funds and alternative investment vehicles, and co-investment transactions
- Investments and Transactions: venture capital and private equity transactions and acquisitions of portfolio investments
- Portfolio Management: the day-to-day management of portfolio companies, including bolt-on acquisitions, restructurings, debt refinancing and management incentive arrangements
- Exits: formulation and implementation of exit strategies including divestitures, recapitalizations, or IPOs.
We have worked with leading private equity firms, hedge funds, venture capital funds, family funds, equity fund investors, private equity-backed companies, debt providers and management teams.
Our lawyers regularly counsel sponsors on the formation of investment funds and act for private equity and venture capital backed businesses looking to grow organically or by acquisition.
The deep expertise of our multi-disciplinary industry groups in sectors such as chemicals, diversified industrials, financial services, retail, technology, healthcare, life sciences, and food and drink, gives us insight and understanding into the business drivers you face throughout each transaction and the issues that are critical to completing your transaction.
- Ranked Tier 1 Private Equity: Russia “I found the team to be dedicated, hard-working and capable of finding compromises in difficult negotiations. This is a strong team that does excellent work." – Chambers Europe 2015
- Ranked Top 5 by volume of Global Private Equity deals (up to US$50 million) – Bloomberg Global M&A Mid-Market Review
- “Squire Patton Boggs’ team is extremely experienced in acting both for sponsors and for management teams.” – The Legal 500 UK Private Equity 2014
- Awarded “Best International Law Firm” Russia Venture Capital – PREQVECA 2014