Our professionals include highly experienced lawyers that specialize in representing institutional investors across asset classes, transaction types and geographies. Our diverse client base of institutional investors includes sovereign wealth funds, pension funds, foundations, family offices and high net worth individuals.
Our global platform includes offices where capital is often sourced and in both developed and emerging markets where institutional investors are looking to invest.
We have a clear understanding of particular challenges related to investments by institutional investors across the globe.
Why choose us
Today, we represent sovereign and other institutional investors across four continents. Our team has years of first-hand experience handling complex investment transactions across asset classes. We also have experience resolving legal disputes involving state-owned entities in more than 70 countries, and are sensitive to the legal, regulatory and policy issues faced by institutional investors as they implement long and short-term investment programs.
We are honored to serve as legal adviser to several of the world’s largest sovereign wealth funds, including one who has been a client for more than thirty years.
We work with each of our clients to incorporate best practices in governance, internal controls, operations and investment management.
Experience representing institutional investor clients in a broad range of investments, including:
- Direct investments and co-investments
- Private fund investments
- Real estate investments
- Infrastructure investments
- Global custodian and securities lending agreements
- Investment management arrangements relating to equity securities, debt instruments, derivatives and commodities.
We also assist our clients with issues relevant to maintaining institutional investment portfolios, including:
- Establishment and maintenance of subsidiary investment structures;
- Comprehensive tax planning in jurisdictions worldwide;
- Development of internal investment control policies and corporate governance protocols;
- Risk management and due diligence assessments;
- Dispute resolution including restructuring and workouts;
- Assistance with know your customer / anti-money laundering (KYC/AML) obligations; and
- Legislative assessment, regulatory monitoring and public policy advocacy in jurisdictions around the world.