Sarah Vilms provides legislative strategy and congressional advocacy on behalf of clients, including corporations, municipal governments and nonprofits. Her experience includes more than 20 years in environment and natural resources, education, health care, transportation, voting and sporting issues, among other areas. Sarah presents matters on behalf of clients before Congress, the White House and federal agencies.
Before joining Squire Patton Boggs, Sarah was the mergers and acquisitions specialist and consultant for the Health Care Advisory Board. She also gained experience in the House of Representatives, the Senate and in the Australian New South Wales Parliament House in Sydney.
Publications, Speeches and Presentations
- Contributor, “The Trustworthiness of Elections, Voting Machines and Internet Voting, and the Voting Situation for 2012,” Capital Thinking Radio Show, Aired on VoiceAmerica Business, January 13, 2011.
- Contributor, “Will President Obama’s New Title IX Guidelines Level the Playing Field for Aspiring Female Athletes and Academics?” Capital Thinking Radio Show, Aired on VoiceAmerica Business, April 22, 2010.
- Co-author, “Liability Protections under the SAFETY Act,” Patton Boggs Publication, December 2007.
- Homeland Security Presentation for The National Conference on Incident Command for Emergency Response, with Colonel John C. Garrett (USMC-RET), 2003.
- Contributing consultant, “The Rising Tide: Emergence of a New Competitive Standard in Health Care,” The Health Care Advisory Board publication, 1996.