Our Construction & Engineering group has the resources and know-how to help you address all your construction and engineering needs. Whether you are a public or private sector employer, a government entity, consultant, subcontractor, supplier, insurer, purchaser, tenant or funder, we can support your ambitions.
As a sector-based practice, we will assign lawyers with the relevant industry experience to your team right from the start. Our seasoned lawyers have robust experience throughout the lifecycle of a construction project. We have built up sector expertise in key construction areas such as energy, transport, infrastructure development, marine, oil and gas, and pharmaceuticals.
Why choose us
Construction industry connections
A number of our lawyers are closely associated with bodies such as the Technology and Construction Solicitors Association and the Society for Construction Law. Several have real-world experience of construction and engineering, from previous careers or secondments, and a number are qualified surveyors or engineers. We have excellent relationships with the industry’s finest personnel and claims consultants. This gives us, and you, access to the latest legal developments and the all-important know-how that enables us to formulate pragmatic, tactical decisions.
International coverage, local values
We can tap into the knowledge of local experts throughout the UK, Europe, Asia, Middle East and Africa to help you achieve your aims. This local familiarity is backed by an immense breadth of experience gained across all our offices, including those situated in the world’s major economic and political centers.
We can advise you on all aspects of your project, from project definition and choice of delivery system to development and finance, procurement and execution, and on to project close out. We assist with all regional standard forms of contract, such as FIDIC-based and government-mandated contracts, and produce bespoke agreements. You can rely on our legal and commercial risk management advice from the outset of your project, through the final stages of claims management and resolution.
Leveraging our unique position between government and industry, we can facilitate prompt and amicable resolutions of disputed matters. We bring various methodologies into play and represent clients in mediation, international arbitration and before regional courts.
A specialist approach to the sector you operate in is key to ensuring that legal structures are robust and sensitive to industry trends and technical environments. Supporting building, civil and process engineering, we offer first-hand knowledge from lawyers in a range of sectors including:
- Chemicals - Manufacturing and Processing
- Refinery Plant
- Education - Public and Private Colleges Universities and Schools
- Energy - Gas & Electricity Generation, Waste to Energy, Nuclear Decommissioning and construction, Renewable, Wind, Solar and Alternative Energy
- Food processing - Food and Drink Manufacturing and Processing
- Healthcare - Public and Private Hospitals and Nursing Homes
- Hotels Hospitality and Leisure - Amusement, Catering and Brewing, Cinemas, Film/Television, Health and Sports Clubs, Hotels and Resorts, Licensed Trade, Motorway Services, Nightclubs
- Pharmaceutical - Drug Manufacturing and Process
- Public Sector Regeneration
- Rail Transport
- Sports venues and stadia
- Telecommunications engineering and Data Centres
- Waste Management and
- Water - Infrastructure and Desalination Plant