We are immensely proud of our training contract program and the number of individuals who have remained with the firm after qualifying and who, in many cases, are now our partners.
From the very start of your training contract, you will have the opportunity to work with the people who will help you shape your future. You can choose from our Birmingham, Leeds, London or Manchester offices and, with six seats on offer and a variety of practice areas available, you can effectively create your own individual training program, empowering you to set the foundation for your career with us. Supervision is paramount to the success of our scheme, and we have a two-tier system, with a partner supervisor in your department, as well as a daily supervisor.
You will be guaranteed first-rate work and a high level of involvement with our clients, working across our network of offices on complex and fast-moving international problems, transactions and disputes.
If you have language skills, there is the opportunity for a secondment to one of our overseas offices. Trainees to date have experienced seats in Brussels and Paris. Perhaps you are also interested in a client secondment – a great chance to build your own networks and experience a client’s business first hand. We have plenty of opportunities for you to experience life client-side. Our training contract gives you the tools and the platform to take you where you want to be as a person and as a professional. Making the most of it is up to you.
Our aim each year is to retain as many as possible of our talented group of qualifying trainee solicitors in permanent solicitor roles with the Firm. The roles that we have available vary each year according to our business needs, and all our trainees are encouraged to apply to those newly qualified vacancies with us in which they are interested.
If you are interested in applying for one of our placement schemes you can apply online. Alternatively, to find out more about our UK Training Contract Program based in one of our UK offices, please read our brochure or contact us on 0800 163 498.
Our application deadlines and dates are:
- Monday 24 September 2018 - All applications open
- Thursday 1 November 2018 – Winter Placement Scheme application deadline
- Tuesday 8 January 2019 – Summer Placement Scheme application deadline
- Monday 24 June – Friday 5 July 2019 – London Summer Placement Scheme
- Monday 24 June – Friday 5 July 2019 – Manchester Summer Placement Scheme
- Monday 1 July – Friday 12 July 2019 – Birmingham Summer Placement Scheme
- Monday 1 July – Friday 12 July 2019 – Leeds Summer Placement Scheme
Recent Awards for Our Training Contracts
- 2016 Best Trainer – National/Large Regional Firm
- 2016 Best Training Principal (large trainee intake) – Giles Chesher (Giles won!)
All About Law
- Best Training Contract – US Firm (won)
- Best for Skills Development – Training Contract (Shortlisted)
- Best Vacation Scheme – US Firm (Shortlisted)
- Best Client Secondments 2018
- 2017 Best Social Life
Please click here to find out more about the events that we have scheduled.