In this webinar, we will discuss recent changes and trends in the employment landscape in Asia that have or will have a significant impact on the cost of doing business in the region.
Julia Yeo, our Singapore-based regional hub employment specialist, will anchor this discussion, with a spotlight on the following jurisdictions:
- Singapore – The new Employment Claim Tribunal, tightening of immigration and work passes and moves to keep more people in active employment
- India – Introduction of more types of paid leave and streamlining of compliance requirements for maintaining labour registers
- Malaysia – Preparing for the Employment Insurance Scheme 2018
- Japan – Limits on overtime hours
- Korea – Higher retirement age
- Philippines – Increased scrutiny of contracting arrangements
- Hong Kong – New Code of Practice for Employment Agencies, changes in the Mandatory Provident Fund set-off mechanism, increases in the statutory minimum wage rate and compensation for injuries at work
Intended to help you manage labour and employment law risk across your international operations, the webinar will be of interest to both HR professionals and in-house counsel.
This webinar is part of our 2017 series focusing on the key labour and employment issues in countries throughout Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the US.