A recording of this webinar is now available.
Please join Jill Kirila, our US Labor & Employment Practice Group Leader, for an overview of the past year’s most significant labor and employment decisions and emerging areas of the law in the US. Jill will highlight employment law court decisions and legislative and regulatory changes, as well as offer insight on forthcoming decisions and practical tips to help you manage your workplace.
- Major judicial decisions, including noteworthy circuit court decisions and what the new composition of the Supreme Court could mean for businesses
- Recent legislation, including:
- Spending Bill for tipped workers
- Updates to immigration forms
- Predictive scheduling legislation
- Implications of state marijuana laws
- Paid sick leave, equal pay and minimum wage increases at state and local levels
- Executive-level developments at the Department of Labor, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and National Labor Relations Board
- Hot topics from 2018, including US Immigration and Customs Enforcement raids and #MeToo momentum and the resulting training requirements in various states
The webinar will be a 50-minute presentation, followed by a 10-minute online question and answer session.
Intended to help you manage labor and employment law risk across your international operations, the webinar will be of interest to both HR professionals and in-house counsel.
This webinar is part of our 2018 series focusing on the key labor and employment issues in countries throughout Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the US.
4 – 5 p.m. GMT (including the UK)
5 – 6 p.m. CET
11 a.m. – Noon EST
8 – 9 a.m. PST
This webinar is approved for 1.0 hour of CPD and pending CLE in AZ, CA, FL, NJ, NY, OH and TX. HRCI credits for HR professionals are also pending.