200 South Biscayne Blvd.,
Miami, FL 33131
Join us for a meeting and networking lunch to review and discuss new developments in data privacy and cyber risks in the Americas, how to use data proactively, and other current trends taking place in the US, Brazil and the rest of Latin America. For this “Lunch and Learn”, Maria Aguado, Sarah Saucedo and Neyde Correia, three prominent in-house lawyers with many years of experience in the area, will provide a hands-on approach to privacy and data protection in the region. Partner Elliot Golding will also join us to discuss the risks and challenges from a US perspective.
Come learn about and discuss the important data privacy legal challenges and reforms, including:
- The California Consumer Privacy Act, set to take effect on January 1, 2020. We will discuss which organizations the Act will impact, its requirements and anticipated changes before the law actually takes effect
- New trends in privacy and data protection in Latin America, including Brazil, Mexico, Argentina and others
- Website compliance, including privacy statements
- Practical, hands-on advice and current practice
- Maria Aguado, Corporate Counsel, Caterpillar
- Neyde Correia, Regulatory and Compliance Counsel, GlobeNet
- Sarah Saucedo, Senior Counsel, Privacy & Data Protection, Mastercard
- Elliot Golding, Partner, Squire Patton Boggs
- Jose Martin, Of Counsel, Squire Patton Boggs
Our sessions are very interactive, allowing for a candid and practical discussion on the topics. We encourage everyone to ask questions and offer their experiences from the trenches. After the session, we will provide lunch and a great opportunity to network. CLE credits will be available for NY, Fla. and Missouri. If you belong to another state bar, please let us know and we can check if we are certified providers of CLE.