Why You Should Attend
It used to be that only “death and taxes” were inevitable, but for lawyers these days, add “privacy” to that list. This seminar will give general practitioners, litigators, corporate counsel and transactional lawyers a fundamental understanding about how privacy connects and works with other practice areas, as well as the basics of the security of personal information and regulatory enforcement. You will be able to know where to start when your client asks that privacy law question, recognize when privacy impacts a transaction, understand what is “PII” and know how to address privacy in your day-to-day advice.
What You Will Learn
- The basics of information security for personal information
- The legal fundamentals for privacy protections
- The difference between “privacy” and “security”
- The connection of privacy law with key practice areas, including health, financial services, communications and third parties
- The general primer on international privacy laws, such as the EU GDPR
- The response and remediation from data breach and regulatory inquires
This program is accredited for CLE – Continuing Legal Education. For more information or to register, contact Robin Hallagan, +1 216 479 8115. There is a cost for attending this PLI program.