Our Global Public Policy Practice has been closely tracking the policy developments across the Atlantic as the pandemic continues to unfold. We are publishing our observations daily. Please subscribe here to be notified of the next report. Also, for additional background on India’s response to the pandemic, please see here. For comprehensive analyses of government responses from the US, Europe and the Middle East, see below.
The impact of COVID-19 has been unexpected, unrelenting, causing complex uncertainties and economic and human devastations in almost every corner of the world. Businesses are trying to survive and preparing for the aftermath. Governments play a crucial role in helping businesses mitigate the financial and human tolls, navigate the ongoing crisis and chart a path forward. More importantly, their responses today can have a profound impact for business operations far beyond the current pandemic.
We are delighted to partner with the US-India Strategic Partnership Forum (USISPF) and invite you to a virtual discussion to specifically examine the government responses in the US, Europe and India, how these governments are dealing with the economic consequences of COVID-19, and to focus on minimizing disruptions, ensuring stability and business continuity, and reenergizing their respective economies.
- Dr. Mukesh Aghi, President and CEO, USISPF
- Matthew Kirk, International Affairs Advisor, Squire Patton Boggs
Former UK Ambassador and founder and past leader of Vodafone’s External Affairs Department
- David Stewart, Principal, Squire Patton Boggs
Former Policy Director to John Boehner, former Speaker of the US House of Representatives, and Majority Staff Director for the US House of Representatives Committee on Ways and Means (jurisdiction over international trade)
- Dharmakirti Joshi, Chief Economist, CRISIL
- Frank G. Wisner, International Affairs Advisor, Squire Patton Boggs, and USISPF Board Member
Former US Ambassador to India
- Joe Crowley, Senior Policy Advisor, Squire Patton Boggs
Former US Representative, Chair of the Democratic Caucus and a three-time co-chair of the Congressional Caucus on India
- Frank R. Samolis, Partner and Co-chair, International Trade Practice, Squire Patton Boggs
Former Counsel to US House Committee on Ways and Means, Subcommittee on Trade
To help provide background and context for our discussion, we have prepared the following documents:
- CARES Act Financial Assistance to Business Enterprises, States and Municipalities
- COVID-19 Summary of Governments Financial Support – Europe and Middle East
- USISPF COVID-19 Updates
Want to stay connected with us on India insights? Please subscribe.
Connection instructions will be included in your confirmation email.
9:30 – 10:30 a.m. EDT
7 – 8 p.m. IST
2:30 – 3:30 p.m. BST