The UK’s coronavirus (COVID-19) lockdown measures may have been extended, but many employers are already starting to think about what happens post-lockdown.
As the economic climate is likely to remain challenging for quite some time, they may be contemplating changes to terms and conditions of employment as a potential longer-term cost-cutting measure.
Whether your business is looking to make a discrete change to employees’ contracts of employment or varying terms as part of a wider reorganisation exercise, the way in which you approach that task is vital. Apart from the potential for damaging employee relations, the financial and other costs of getting it wrong can be substantial.
Join us on Tuesday 5 May 2020 when we will guide you through the steps you need to take when changing terms and conditions.
We will cover:
- Changing terms and conditions – what are the options?
- Potential pitfalls and how to avoid them
- Practical tips for agreeing the changes
- The business case – what do you need to be able to demonstrate?
- Handling employees who refuse to agree to the changes
- When do the collective consultation obligations apply?
This webinar is suitable for legal and HR professionals, as well as managers.