May 25 marks the second anniversary of the GDPR, but is it fit for purpose?
It has been held up as the "gold standard" for data protection legislation and is used as the yard stick against which to measure new laws being introduced around the world. But as it comes up for review, has it lived up to expectations? And will the challenges of enforcing its extra territorial scope, the power of the big corporates, Brexit or the commercial and public health necessities of dealing with the aftermath of COVID-19 bring it down?
Join us along with The DPO Centre for a critique of the GDPR’s past, a review of the dramatic changes it has brought about, the key compliance issues being faced by organisations in the present, and for expert insight into what the GDPR alongside other global legislation holds in store for us all in the future.Attending this webinar will enable you to:
- Understand the GDPR’s significance over the past two years
- Recognise how the legal and practical interpretations of GDPR can differ2
- Discover the key compliance issues currently being faced
- Identify the areas your organisation needs to focus on now and your next crucial steps
- Learn about the GDPR’s future and how your organisation will need to adapt
Presenters: Rob Masson, CEO, DPO Centre; and Andrea Ward, Director, Squire Patton Boggs