We are pleased to once again participate in the American Health Lawyer's Association (AHLA) In-House Counsel Program taking place virtually this year on July 9 and July 16, 2020. This program is designed to address the unique issues faced by in-house counsel. Sessions are focused on practical, hands-on ways to function in these challenging day-to-day work roles and responsibilities of in-house counsel lawyers.
Principal Doug Anderson will be co-presenting on "Hot Topics in Health Plans” as part of the On-Demand Programs for this event. He will be joined by fellow presenters Eric Beane, Vice President, Regulatory and Government Affairs from Unite Us and Kristin McCullagh, Senior Counsel with SelectHealth/InterMountain Health.
The panel will cover a number of related issues on the topic,
- Increased state scrutiny of health plans’ compliance with mental health parity laws
- State and Federal regulatory issues and trends in consumer incentive and reward programs
- Role of the in-house lawyer in Texas v. United States planning and mitigation strategies
- Legal and compliance coordination in health plan COVID-19 response
- Changing policy and regulatory landscape surrounding social determinants of health–shifting government response
- Strategies to support social isolation and other “return to normal” issues for vulnerable populations
For further details, and to register, please visit the AHLA website.