It is inevitable that there will be very significant job losses as a direct result of the coronavirus pandemic in the UK. We know, for example, that many businesses are already considering redundancies as a potential longer-term cost-cutting measure as the furlough support available to them under the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme starts to wind down.
Should employers be entering into settlement agreements where they are making such dismissals, to avoid the risk of future claims? If so, what should such agreements contain (and not contain)? In what circumstances would it be appropriate to use a COT3 agreement instead?
Join us on Tuesday 7 July 2020 when we will explore these points and other issues to consider when entering into settlement and other termination agreements.
We will cover:
- Settlement agreements – when is it appropriate to use them?
- Settlement agreement vs COT3 agreement vs simple letter – pros and cons
- Practical tips on how to raise entering into a settlement agreement with employees
- Key issues to be covered, including tax issues on termination and prohibited terms
- Common employee adviser pushbacks – when to go for the easy life and when to take a stand
This webinar is suitable for legal and HR professionals, as well as line managers.