As part of the United for Infrastructure Week program, we will host an hour-long panel discussion, moderated by former Secretary of Transportation Rodney E. Slater, providing insights on the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and what the next administration may bring in terms of key infrastructure issues. The discussion will focus on a number of related developments and challenges, including:
- COVID-19 and the economic impact on infrastructure plans and deployment
- The impact of infrastructure on systematic inequality and what it means in the future
- Future proofing infrastructure – challenges and changes ahead
The discussion will also provide perspectives on the Trump/Pence and Biden/Harris positions and feature former Republican Congressman and former Chairman of the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee Bill Shuster along with former Chairman of the House Democratic Caucus Joe Crowley providing their insights respectively.
To round out the exchange, the congressmen will be joined by four industry experts sharing their perspectives.
- Brandye Hendrickson, Deputy Director, American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials
- Janet Kavinoky, Vice President, External Affairs & Corporate Communications, Vulcan Materials Company
- Robert (Rob) Puentes, President and CEO of the Eno Center for Transportation
- Robert (Bob) Poole, Director of Transportation Policy, Reason Foundation
We hope you can join us for this special opportunity to hear from two distinguished panels ahead of what will likely be one of the most historic elections in the US.