A recording is now available online.
Join us for our three-part 2020 Global Compliance Forum Virtual Series that will discuss in each weekly program a key issue we believe will be important to your business and its management team, featuring thought-leading perspectives from industry leaders and practitioners.
Register now for the first of our three sessions.
Compliance and the CARES Act: Challenges and Opportunities
While the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act provides unprecedented emergency funds to help businesses and non-profit entities navigate these difficult times, the oversight and review of COVID-19 funds’ use will be robust. Our panel on “Compliance and the CARES Act: Challenges and Opportunities” will focus on helping recipients of such funds (and companies that work with these recipients) understand and meet their compliance obligations. In this session, our presenters will discuss CARES Act compliance obligations and best practices to meet those requirements.
- Overview and purpose of the CARES Act
- Current and anticipated regulatory and oversight environment
- Best practices for the defensible use of CARES Act funds
- Historical emergency funds pitfalls to avoid
- Best practices to mitigate the risk of an audit or enforcement action
- Corinne Hodges, Chief Executive Officer, Washington DC, Association for Women’s Business Centers
- Margaret Daum, Partner, Washington DC, Squire Patton Boggs
- Ericka Johnson, Associate, Washington DC, Squire Patton Boggs
- Kevin McCart, Partner, Washington DC, Squire Patton Boggs
- Ayako Hobbs, Senior Attorney, Cleveland, Squire Patton Boggs
This program is pending 1.0 hour of CLE in AZ, CA, CT, FL, NJ, NY, OH, TX and WI. If you need another jurisdiction, please email Robin Hallagan, legal training manager.