Please join this special program organized with the Brazil-Florida Business Council, Inc. (BFBC) in partnership with Squire Patton Boggs. The event will feature Kimberly Reed, President and Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Export-Import Bank of the United States (EXIM), the first woman to lead the agency, as well as Paula Swain, from the Project Finance Division with EXIM, providing insights and perspectives on US and Brazil trade and economic development issues.
The event is complimentary for BFBC members and guests.
- Welcome and Opening Remarks – Sueli Bonaparte, President of the Brazil-Florida Business Council (BFBC)
- Introductions – Ambassador João Mendes Pereira, Consul-General of Brazil in Miami
- Featured Speakers
- Kimberly A. Reed, Chairman and President, EXIM – Ms. Reed joined a successful US economic delegation visiting Brazil in October to discuss how the US and Brazil can promote freedom, economic growth, jobs and prosperity for both countries. Ms. Reed will provide a front-line update on these recent developments. She will also share views on export and import issues in dealing with Brazil, as well as provide an overview of some of the alternatives and support that they offer in this regard for US exporters and Brazil importers.
- Paula Swain, Project Finance Division, EXIM – Paula Swain will provide an overview and practical guidance on what products EXIM might have available to those joining the webinar as we head into 2021.
- Questions and Answers – Moderated by Paula Galhardo, Principal and Chair of Squire Patton Boggs Brazil Desk
- Closing – Sueli Bonaparte
The delegation in which Chairman Reed took part while recently visiting Brazil culminated with the signing of EXIM-Brazil Ministry of Economy MOU to identify sectors for cooperative business development that will lead to another US$1 billion in EXIM financing, especially in the telecommunications area.