President Joe Biden recently outlined his vision to reimagine and rebuild a new economy. The American Jobs Plan is a US$2.25 trillion investment, including a massive infrastructure bill aimed at rebuilding and developing both the US physical and technological infrastructure, creating jobs and bolstering resilience through ambitious climate policies.
For the U.S. infrastructure and transportation industries, the legislative impact is expected to be profound and transformational and could create significant opportunities for Japanese businesses that are active in these sectors, such as trading houses, leasing companies, automobile manufacturers and other transportation system and equipment manufacturers, heavy industrial companies, information technology companies and financial institutions involved in project finance and other lending.
With this as the backdrop, we will host a 1.5 hour panel discussion in conjunction with the United for Infrastructure 2021: A Week to Champion America’s Infrastructure program. Moderated by former US Secretary of Transportation Rodney E. Slater, whom will be joined by former US Congressman and Chairman of the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee Bill Shuster and former US Department of Transportation lawyer Patricia Doersch, who are all now with the Firm. They will be joined by three partners from our Tokyo office, Ken Kurosu, Rika Beppu and Mörk Murdock.
We are also pleased to announce that the following industry experts have confirmed to join the panel discussion to share their perspectives on plans and related expected developments:
- Norman Mineta, former US Secretary of Transportation
- Saori Tsuchiya, Vice President (Government Affairs) of Toyota Motor North America, Inc. (TMNA)
- Stephen Broughall, Managing Director, Federal Affairs at Texas Central
The discussion will focus on a number of related developments and challenges, including:
- An overview of US-Japan collaboration on infrastructure and transportation developments in the US
- The economic impact on infrastructure plans and deployment
- How can the proposals bring positive real-world changes to the transportation sector? What should be prioritized?
- What opportunities are likely for Japanese businesses and their US operations?
- How can Japanese companies best position their businesses with respect to the proposed investments?
- Future proofing infrastructure – challenges and changes ahead
This webinar will be conducted in English.
Who Should Attend
In-house counsel, corporate managers (strategy, planning, business development and policy departments), M&A investment bankers and other advisers.
If you would like to attend, please register using the “Register” button above.
If you cannot attend the live session but would like to receive the recording, please register using the button above.