View Author January 2009
In this edition of SHE News we:
- Introduce the Health & Safety (Offences) Act which comes into force on 16 January 2009.
- Consider the Environmental Damage (Prevention and Remediation) Regulations, which introduces a statutory duty to notify which Defra have now advised now likely to come into force on 1 March 2009.
- Consider where responsibility lies for gas safety.
- Consider the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 which came into force on 26 May 2008 and what this means for business.
- Consider the issue of carbon commitments and what this means for business.
- Consider the topical issue of driver tiredness and introduce the Road Safety Act 2006.
- Look at the health and safety and environmental regulatory landscape including statistics, prosecutions and legislation that impacts on regulation.
- We welcome our newest member of the SHE Group, Claire Harvey who is a welcomed addition to our nuclear capabilities and an expert in the transportation of radioactive and other hazardous waste.
We trust you find the selected topics news worthy and of interest. The information covered in this SHE News bulletin is correct as at the time of going to publication.
In May 2008, international law firm Hammonds became a limited liability partnership. Hammonds LLP and its affiliated undertakings has offices in Birmingham, Leeds, London and Manchester in the UK, and in Berlin, Brussels, Beijing, Hong Kong, Madrid, Munich and Paris.