To provide a sense of the stimulus package’s overall funding levels, we have prepared a general overview of the bill by subject area. Please note that this is a general overview of funding levels only, and does not report on every aspect of the bill. For a detailed analysis on any subject matter and the process for securing these federal dollars, please contact the Patton Boggs professionals listed below for each respective subject area.
- $340 million for Watershed and Flood Prevention construction.
- $6 billion is directed towards environmental cleanup of former weapon production and energy research sites.
- $1.2 billion for Environmental Protection Agency’s nationwide environmental cleanup programs, including $600 million for Superfund.
- $1.38 billion to support $3.8 billion in loans and grants for needed water and waste disposal facilities in rural areas.
- $1 billion for the Bureau of Reclamation to provide clean, reliable drinking water to rural areas.
- $4.6 billion in funding for the Corps of Engineers, including $2 billion for construction projects.