To provide a sense of the stimulus package's overall funding levels, we have prepared a general overview of the bill by subject area. Please note that this is a general overview of funding levels only, and does not report on every aspect of the bill. For a detailed analysis on any subject matter and the process for securing these federal dollars, please contact the Patton Boggs professionals listed below for each respective subject area.
- $1.0 billion for aviation security consisting of checked baggage explosives detection system and check point explosives detection equipment.
- $160 million to U.S. Customs and Border Protection for non-intrusive inspection systems and tactical communications equipment and radios.
- $100 million for border security on the Southwest border.
- $420 million for construction of agency owned land border ports of entry.
- $20 million for tactical communications equipment and radios for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s Automation Modernization.
- $142 million for the Coast Guard for alteration or removal of obstructive bridges
- $150 million for Public Transportation Security Assistance and Railroad Security Assistance.
- $150 million for Port Security Grants.
- $210 million for Firefighter Assistance Grants for modifying, upgrading or constructing non-Federal fire stations.