View Authors May 2009
Welcome to the Spring 2009 issue of "Intellectual Property Update," a quarterly publication prepared by the members of Squire Sanders' intellectual property law practice. In this issue, available in PDF format, we address the following areas of recent interest and concern:
- Generating Wealth Through Innovation
- Miyazaki: USPTO Holds a Pending Claim Indefinite Under 35 USC §112 If Amenable to Two or More Plausible Claim Constructions
- "Predictability" Informs the Obviousness Inquiry Under KSR – But Has This Jurisprudence Significantly Altered the Landscape for Patents in the Unpredictable Arts?
- Trademarks, Video Games and the First Amendment: Balancing Freedom of Artistic Expression with Trademark Rights
- Overview of China's Third Amended Patent Law
- New Registration Rules Regarding Transfer of Intellectual Property Rights in Russia