Welcome to the Spring 2011 issue of "Intellectual Property & Technology Update," a quarterly publication prepared by the members of Squire Sanders' intellectual property and technology law practice. In this issue we address the following areas of recent interest and concern:
- Federal Circuit Opens the Door to More Reissue Patents
- How Not To Enforce Intellectual Property Rights – Lessons From MediaCAT Limited v. Adams & Ors
- Claims for Damages for Violations of Open Source Licenses
- The Patents County Court: Change for the Better?
- The Japanese Supreme Court’s Recent Rulings on Television Program Copyrights and Space-Shifting