We are pleased to publish the May 2011 Competition Bulletin which contains a summary of recent developments in EU and UK competition law.
Here is a brief overview of this months bulletin:
- Commission opens investigation into acquisition by Caterpillar of MWM
- Competition Commission provisionally clears Irish Sea ferries merger Antitrust
- Commission probes credit default swaps market
- Commission carries out dawn raids in container liner shipping sector
- Commission market tests Standard & Poor's commitments on international securities identification numbers
- Suez and Lyonnaise fined for breach of seal during an inspection
- Commission confirms dawn raids in the engines sector
- OFT publishes first decision of Procedural Adjudicator
- UK rail regulator consults on access to freight sites
- Competition Commission finds anti-competitive features in UK local bus market
- OFT considers referring auditing market to the Competition Commission Litigation
- EU General Court dismisses appeals in sodium chlorate cartel decision
- UK High Court rejects use of competition law defence in contract dispute Regulatory
- EU Parliament votes to adopt Radio Spectrum Policy Programme
- New electronic communications regulations come into force
- Information Commissioner publishes guidance on new EU cookies law
- Government publishes draft bill on Groceries Code Adjudicator
View the full Competition Bulletin (PDF)
If you require further information or advice in relation to any item reported, please get in touch with either of us.
We look forward to hearing from you.