Welcome to the Summer 2011 issue of the Squire Sanders Ohio Public Law Update. In this issue we outline portions of the Ohio Budget Bill (amended substitute Ohio House Bill 153), which Governor John Kasich signed on June 30, 2011, as well as highlighted recent decisions of interest.
The Ohio Budget Bill
The Budget Bill sets forth the state’s nearly $56 billion budget for the next two fiscal years. This Bill includes many provisions that impact local governments. For an overview of various provisions and recent decisions of interest, follow the links below.
- Revenue Measures
- Shared Services and Mergers
- Public Records
- Publication of Legal Notices and Advertisements
- Fiscal Watch and Fiscal Emergency
- Economic and Community Development
- Prevailing Wage Requirements and Contracting Authority
- Other Provisions
Recent Decisions of Interest
Case Summaries include:
- Zumwalde v. Madeira & Indian Hill Joint Fire Dist.
- Zeigler v. Zumbar
- Rhodes v. New Philadelphia
- Barnes v. Columbus, Ohio Civil Service Commission
- Eschtruth Investment Co., LLC v. City of Amherst
- 2011 Op. Att’y General No. 2011-014