We are pleased to publish the August 2011 Competition and Regulatory Bulletin which contains a summary of recent developments in EU and UK competition law. Here is a brief overview of this months bulletin:
- In-depth investigation opened in proposed merger between Deutsche Börse and NYSE Euronext
- Waste management merger referred to Competition Commission
- Commission investigates practices of luxury watch manufacturers
- Criminal cartel inquiry into UK agriculture sector dropped
- Supermarkets and dairy producers fined after OFT price-fixing investigation
- OFT publishes market study into aggregates and consults on proposed market investigation reference
- Sky’s market power provisionally found to restrict competition for pay TV movies
- Competition Appeal Tribunal refers phone call termination charge dispute back to Ofcom
- Ofcom publishes Communications Market Report 2011
- Ofwat issues consultation on HSBC’s acquisition of Cambridge Water
- TalkTalk and Tiscali fined for breach of Ofcom’s General Conditions of Entitlement
If you require further information or advice in relation to any item reported, please get in touch with either of us.
We look forward to hearing from you.