Welcome to the December 2011 issue of the Squire Sanders Ohio Public Law Update (PDF). In this issue we highlight recent decisions of interest including the Ohio Supreme Court's November 30 decision related to whether attorney invoices are public record and the Ohio General Assembly's authorization to grant a public parking franchise to a private entity.
Case summaries include:
- Dawson v. Bloom-Carroll Local School District
- State ex rel. Bell v. Brooks
- ProgressiveOhio.org v. Kasich
- Cincinnati Enquirer v. Cincinnati Board of Education
- Beaver Excavating Company v. Levin
- Norris v. Elyria State ex rel.
- Smith v. McBride State ex rel.
Recent Ohio Attorney General Opinions:
- 2011 Op. Att’y General No. 2011-031
- 2011 Op. Att’y General No. 2011-038
For further information about these recent Ohio decisions, please contact your principal Squire Sanders lawyer or any of our public finance lawyers.