Welcome to the July 2012 issue of the Squire Sanders Ohio Public Law Update. In this issue we highlight recent decisions of interest and legislation as well as the recently released report from the Ohio Retirement Study Council on proposed changes to five Ohio public retirement systems.
Case summaries and attorney general opinions include:
- State ex rel. Cincinnati Enquirer v. Craig
- Blair v. Sugarcreek Twp. Bd. of Trustees
- Drees Co. v. Hamilton Twp.
- State ex rel. Luken v. Corp. for Findlay Mkt. of Cincinnati
- State ex rel. Hardin v. Clermont Cty. Bd. of Elections
- 2012 Op. Att’y General No. 2012-022
Recent legislation of interest includes:
- House Bill 327
- House Bill 408
- House Bill 436
- House Bill 487
- Senate Bill 314
For further information about these recent Ohio decisions and legislation, please contact please contact the Squire Sanders public finance lawyer with whom you usually work, or any of our public finance lawyers linked under Contacts in the sidebar.