View Authors September 2012
Welcome to the September 2012 issue of the UK Environmental, Safety and Health Review prepared by the Squire Sanders Environmental, Safety and Health Practice Group. This issue includes the following articles:
- HSE’s Fee for Intervention scheme to come into operation from 1 October 2012
- RIDDOR consultations could see reporting duties shrink
- HSE to review Approved Codes of Practice to provide clearer guidance to businesses
- Are the CDM Regulations 2007 fit for purpose?
- Removal of cap on magistrates’ fines and abolition of defence cost orders
- What does the recasting of the WEEE Directive mean in practice?
- New requirements for companies to report greenhouse gas emissions
- CRC penalties show importance of compliance despite doubt over future of scheme
Making the economic case for forests