Welcome to the first edition of Finance Matters our newsletter that gives you an insight into some of the key legal issues in finance.
In this edition:
- Are your security interests registered? And can you sleep at night?
- Register your transactional security interests before 30 January 2014 or risk losing priority of your security interests.
- Twenty days and twenty nights, I was wrong and the lawyers were right, all along: A case note on Re Cardinia Nominees Pty Ltd  NSWSC 32 and why it is important to register your security interests on the PPS Register within 20 business days.
- Will a taxable gain arise when your company repays or refinances its debt? How proposed tax changes will affect limited recourse debt and special purpose vehicles.
- Meet our team: A minute with Mark Palermo talks about adrenaline rushes, doing deals and basketball.