Welcome to the April 2013 issue of the Squire Sanders Ohio Public Law Update. In this issue we highlight recent decisions of interest, particularly the MacDonald v. City of Shaker Heights Board of Tax Appeals case, as well as House Bill 51, which authorizes the Turnpike and Infrastructure Commission to issue revenue bonds payable from the revenues of the turnpike system for certain infrastructure projects in addition to turnpike projects.
Case summaries and attorney general opinions include:
- MacDonald v. City of Shaker Heights
- State ex rel. Gambill v. Opperman
- State ex rel. Orange Twp. Bd. of Trustees v. Delaware Cty. Bd. of Elections
- State ex rel. Wasserman v. Fremont
- State ex rel. Hartkemeyer v. Fairfield Twp.
- 2013 Op. Att’y General No. 2013-001
- 2013 Op. Att’y General No. 2013-009
For further information about these recent Ohio decisions and legislation, please contact the Squire Sanders public finance lawyer with whom you usually work.