View Authors June 2013
Squire Sanders is pleased to present the second issue of its Global M&A Briefing, produced in association with Mergermarket.
- Private equity activity – exiting and buying – played a role in the two biggest deals of 2012, which bodes well for future involvement in the sector going forward.
- APAC has grown its share of M&A in the sector. This trend looks likely to continue as a result of governments in the region increasing their aerospace, defense and government services spending.
- The aerospace sub-sector is expected to be busy in the mid-term, thanks to developments in the commercial arena.
- In the future, it looks likely that there will be an increased focus on services, as governments in the US and Western Europe scale back their military commitments and focus on threat mitigation.
- Defense sector likely to be boosted by the most significant change in US export controls in 50 years.
The Briefing is now available online.