Welcome to the latest in our series of regular alerts containing a roundup of news from our capital markets practice. Among other things, we bring you news of changes to the Takeover Code, and the introduction of a new employment status – the ‘employee shareholder’.
This issue includes:
- Takeover Code: the Takeover Panel announces changes to the profit forecast and merger benefit statements regime to come into force on 30 September 2013
- Corporate governance: executive pay: the new regime for the remuneration of directors of quoted companies: the GC100 and Investor Group publish their Directors’ Remuneration Reporting Guidance
- Corporate governance: narrative reporting: the FRC consults on strategic report guidance
- Listing Rules: the FCA is consulting on up-dates to the Listing Rules to reflect the new directors’ remuneration report regulations and the new strategic reporting regulations
- The ‘employee shareholder’: a new employment status has been introduced with effect from 1 September 2013