View Author November 2013
Welcome to the latest in our series of regular alerts containing a roundup of news from our capital markets practice. Among other things, we bring you details of our new executive remuneration tracker.
This issue includes:
- Executive Remuneration Tracker: Squire Sanders has made an executive remuneration tracker service available through its new “Compensation and Benefits: Global Insights” blog.
- Auditors: the Competition Commission has published proposals aimed at opening up the UK audit market: the new regime is likely to come into force from the last quarter of 2014
- Corporate governance: executive remuneration: the ABI publishes the 2013 up-date of its Principles of Remuneration
- Corporate governance: the FRC has proposed changes to the UK Corporate Governance Code, and the introduction of new guidance, to improve risk management and the quality of information provided to investors
- Financial reporting: the FRC publishes the Corporate Reporting Review Annual Report for 2013
- European Union: the Government launches a review in a bid to analyse what the UK’s membership of the EU means for the UK’s national interest
- Prospectuses: Prospectus Rules: amendments to the rules on filing a prospectus came into force on 8 November 2013
- Prospectuses: ESMA publishes version 20 of its ‘Prospectuses: Questions and Answers’ document
- Proxy advisors: a public consultation is launched on a code of conduct for the proxy advisory industry