Squire Sanders partners David Wack and Christopher Rose recently completed a Q&A session on private equity law in the Russian Federation.
This Q&A is part of a Practical Law Company multijurisdictional guide to private equity. It gives a structured overview of the key practical issues including:
- the level of activity and recent trends in the market
- investment incentives for institutional and private investors
- the mechanics involved in establishing a private equity fund
- equity and debt finance issues in a private equity transaction
- issues surrounding buyouts and the relationship between the portfolio company's managers and the private equity funds
- management incentives
- exit routes from investments.
This article was first published in Private Equity and Venture Capital Multi-Jurisdictional Guide 2012/13 and is reproduced with the permission of Practical Law Company.