Welcome to the June 2014 issue of the Squire Patton Boggs Ohio Public Law Update. In this issue we highlight recent decisions of interest and legislation as well as updated rating methodology explaining how Moody’s evaluates the credit quality of local government general obligation debt.
Case summaries and attorney general opinions include:
- Calvaruso v. Brown, 2014-Ohio-1018
- 2014 Op. Att’y General No. 2014-020
- 2014 Op. Att’y General No. 2014-009
- 2014 Op. Att’y General No. 2014-013
Recent legislation of interest includes:
- Substitute House Bill No. 289
- Amended Substitute House Bill No. 492
- Substitute Senate Bill No. 172
For further information about these recent decisions and issues please contact the Squire Patton Boggs public finance lawyer with whom you usually work.