The Squire Patton Boggs Data Protection & Cyber Security team is pleased to share with you a weekly alert on data privacy issues.
This week’s alert covers the following topics:
- Law Commission’s recommendation of wholesale reform of laws on data sharing by public bodies
- ICO’s Annual Report shows record number of complaints
- ICO’s new Big Data guidance
- Data Retention and Investigatory Powers Bill
- FCA’s requirement of increased real-time data sharing in the high-cost short-term credit industry
- New information sharing powers for Ofcom