View Author August 2014
The Squire Patton Boggs Data Protection & Cyber Security team is pleased to share with you a weekly alert on data privacy issues.
This week’s alert covers news from the UK, France, US and Australia.
- ICO Warning to Legal Profession on Data Security
- Judicial Review of Data Retention and Investigatory Powers Act
- Direct Marketing Association Adopts New Code of Practice for Data Driven Marketing
- Retailer Fined for CCTV Data Breaches by CNIL
- CNIL Closes Its Investigation Into Excessive Use of CCTV And Biometric ID Systems
- New Insurance Fraud Norm Published by CNIL
- FTC Highlights Lack of Information on Data Collected by Apps
- FTC Approves COPPA Safe Harbour Program
- Federal Court Upholds Ruling Requiring Microsoft to Hand Over Data From Its Data Centre in Ireland to US Authorities
- US Trustee Opposes Sale of Customer Data During Bankruptcy Proceedings
- Australian Information Commissioner Publishes Revisions to Security Guide