View Authors January 2015
In this month’s edition of Workplace View:
- we look at a recent Queensland case which highlights the need for employers to scrutinise their employment process from an early stage so as not to fall foul of anti-discrimination legislation;
- we provide a brief update on applications from interested parties in the Modern Award Review;
- we include a reminder for WA employers that the deadline is almost here for the submission of comments on the draft Work Health Safety Bill;
- our client quiz tests your knowledge on the transfer of business provisions in the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth);
- our legislation update looks at the key proposed changes under the Fair Work Amendment (Bargaining Processes) Bill 2014; and
- details are provided of upcoming HR knowledge events and you have an opportunity to let us know of any topics you would like to see in our upcoming Labour and Employment Seminar Series for 2015.