View Authors April 2015
Welcome to our April edition of Workplace View. In this edition:
- The lead article takes you through the moving feast of drug and alcohol testing in the workplace – what’s better, urine testing or saliva testing? Does personal privacy trump workplace safety?;
- The Employer Reminder reminds you that a disciplinary investigation won’t be a fair investigation if it doesn’t include an interview with the employee concerned;
- The Quiz tests your knowledge on when an employee who is absent because of illness or injury is no longer ‘temporarily absent’ and can therefore be lawfully dismissed;
- Did You Know? summarises the key reforms the federal government intends to progress for 457 visas; and
- The Legislation & Events Updates notify you of upcoming events.
We hope you enjoy this edition of Workplace View.