View Authors July 2015
Welcome to the latest in our series of regular alerts containing a round-up of news from our Capital Markets Practice.
The topics covered in this issue are:
- Takeover Code: The Takeover Panel is consulting on proposals to amend the definition of "voting rights" in the Code.
- Takeover Code: The Takeover Panel is consulting on additional presumptions to the definition of “acting in concert” in the Code.
- ESMA Issues Revised Draft Prospectus Standards: The European Securities and Markets Authority has published its final report and draft regulatory technical standards on prospectus-related issues under the Omnibus II Directive.
- Capital Markets Union: TheCityUK has published a report setting out the findings of its review of the European listings regime.
- Final Report on Draft Technical Standards: ESMA has published its final report on draft technical standards on authorisation, passporting, registration of third country firms and co-operation between competent authorities under MiFID II and MiFIR.
- Global Equity Capital Markets Review for the First Half of 2015: Thomson Reuters has published its global equity capital markets review for the first half of this year.
- CREST and CHAPS Extension of Settlement Day: The Bank of England has announced that, with effect from summer 2016, the settlement day for CREST and CHAPS will be extended.