Allegedly it is still summer, although most of the country has yet to experience a decent spell of good weather. Evoking images of a stroll through a park on a sunny day, we hope you like the balloon theme for the latest edition of our Hot Topics publication. Alternatively, you might consider it symbolic of how much pensions regulation remains up in the air!
Providing a thoroughly grounded commentary, in this edition we cover:
- the latest round of changes affecting pensions/tax following the Summer Budget
- Government consultations on key areas of reform
- end of the "money-back guarantee" for DC plans
- cessation of contracting-out for DB plans
- automatic re-enrolment (yes, it really is time for the larger employers to go through the process again!)
There are a lot of issues for trustees and employers to consider. We were hoping for a period of regulatory stability this summer, but any pensions professionals wanting Status Quo will need to attend a music festival!
For more information about any of the hot topics, please contact any of the lead partners listed, or your usual contact in the Squire Patton Boggs pensions team.