View Authors January 2016
In this edition:
- Our lead article takes a look at two recent cases which have signalled a shift in the Fair Work Commission’s stance on applications by employers to terminate expired enterprise agreements during bargaining.
- Our High Court Alert reports on the recent decision of Fair Work Ombudsman v Quest South Perth Holdings Pty Ltd & Ors  HCA 45 which closes an apparent loophole in the sham contracting provisions identified in the earlier decision of the Full Court of the Federal Court.
- Did You Know? Looks at how managers, not just employers, can be individually liable to pay a fine as a result of providing an employee with insufficient notice of termination.
- Our International Spotlight reports on a decision in the United States where a Facebook ‘like’ was said to be considered a protected employee activity.
- As always, our Legislation Update keeps you up to date of what’s happening in Parliament that may be relevant to your workforce.