View Authors April 2016
Get up to speed on the latest developments in the investment funds space and ensure you are on top of the latest tax reforms that could affect your investment projects. In this edition we look at:
- Upcoming changes to managed investment trust rules (trusts which have advantageous withholding tax implications for foreign investors and may offer CGT concessions for domestic investors) commencing from 1 July 2016.
- New withholding requirements for purchasers of interests in Australian land, commencing 1 July 2016.
- New venture capital tax reforms to incentivise FinTech investment in Australia in response to the recent Commonwealth Government’s Backing Australian FinTech publication.
- Comparing unit trusts, VCLP and ESVCLP funds, including a review of the current tax and regulatory differences.
- Significant changes to GST Cross Border Rules, commencing from 1 July 2016 or 1 October 2016.