View Authors August 2016
Welcome to this month’s edition of Workplace View.
- Our lead article takes a look at an interesting decision of the Fair Work Commission, where micromanagement by an audit and risk manager was found to be a form of bullying.
- In our ‘Did You Know?’ section, we look at the Fair Work Commission’s power to terminate a nominally expired enterprise agreement in the recent decision of Automotive, Food, Metals, Engineering, Printing and Kindred Industries Union v Griffin Coal Mining Company Pty Ltd  FWCFB 4620.
- Our ‘OSH Update’ refers to a recent decision of a Victorian Court where an employer was fined $800,000, after attempting to deregister the employing entity following a worker’s death.
- In our Employer Reminder, we look at 1 July changes to the national minimum wage, high income threshold and unfair dismissal compensation cap.
- In this month’s ‘Meet the Team’ we introduce you to Dominique Hartfield, Senior Associate in the Perth office.
- In our Events Update we provide you with details of upcoming seminars in our Labour & Employment Seminar Series in both Perth and Sydney.
We hope you enjoy the August edition of Workplace View.