View Author April 2018
Welcome to the April edition of Workplace View.
- Our lead article takes a look at a recent safety prosecution involving a snorkelling fatality, which highlights the importance of training and employee compliance with safety policies and procedures.
- In our Employer Reminder, we remind employers that a formal complaint is not always required before investigating alleged misconduct.
- In our Migration Alert, we report on labour market testing obligations for the new Temporary Skill Shortage visa.
- Our OSH Update takes a look at a new concept, “Positive Built Workplace Environment”, and the effects of physical workspaces on employees.
- Our Legislation Alert reports on the introduction of unpaid domestic violence leave in modern awards.
- Our quarterly quiz tests your knowledge on retention of employee records.
- Our Curious Cases update looks at a recent AU$1.8 million workplace bullying claim involving a flatulent supervisor.
- Our Events Update provides details of our upcoming Employment Law APAC Clinic and Seminar being held in Singapore in May 2018.
We hope you enjoy the April edition of Workplace View.