View Author June 2018
Welcome to the June edition of Workplace View.
- Our lead article takes a look at recent legal developments relevant to the labour hire companies, their clients and candidates.
- In our Employer Reminder, we remind you about the minimum wage and high income threshold changes applicable from 1 July 2018.
- Our Did You Know? section reports on the introduction of the one-off, 12-month superannuation amnesty, allowing employers to self-correct historical underpayments without penalties.
- Our Migration Alert reports on the introduction of the Skilling Australian Fund (SAF) Levy to replace the Training Benchmarks.
- Our OSH Update takes a look at a recent case where both an abattoir operator and the labour hire company it used received fines for a massive safety failure resulting in significant injury to an abattoir worker.
- In our Case Alert, we report on the Fair Work Ombudsman’s win in its first race discrimination case under the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth).
- Our Legislation Alert discusses the changes to long service leave in Victoria when the new Long Service Leave Act 2018 (Vic) commences on 1 November 2018.
- Our Curious Cases update looks at reasons not to send an employee on personal leave!
- Our Events Update provides details on our last seminar for the year in Perth and Sydney, being held respectively on 10 October and 17 October 2018.
We hope you enjoy the June edition of Workplace View.